Translate

The page currently only displays 10 most recent posts...you can use the links in the "Blog Archive" on the left-side of the page to see older posts. Thanks for visiting, and please share this blog with others.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Played first game

Finally got to play some Warmachine...my brother and his son met me at a local Game Store and we were able to play two games. 
Took much, much longer than it should have, because I asked so many questions and they were explaining moves available and options, etc.  It was very educational, and I really appreciate the time they spent walking me through these first games.  The games will go much quicker in the future, so we can play more games each time we get together.

And like a damn dummy, I failed to bring a camera to record the moment for posterity -- my first tabletop miniature wargame ever, and I didn't take a picture.

I learned that killing the warlock/warcaster in my opponent's army is of the utmost importance.  In my very first game I picked off approx. 60% of my nephew's pieces...but he got close enough to my warcaster and killed her.  For any other new players out there, remember this...the game is not decided by how many pieces you kill...there are no points for the number of pieces you kill...if you take out every piece in your opponent's army except the warcaster, and they kill your warcaster, you LOSE.  It was fun and educational nonetheless...and that is another point to make: it is a game, meaning it is played for entertainment...I had fun playing with my brother and nephew, and don't care at the end of the day who won or lost.

Here is a link to my brother's blog, where he posted a picture he took of my Cryx Battlegroup at the beginning of our second game:  Gamer Addict Frank' blog


No comments:

Post a Comment