Translate

The page currently only displays 10 most recent posts...you can use the links in the "Blog Archive" on the left-side of the page to see older posts. Thanks for visiting, and please share this blog with others.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

More Pictures of my Cryx Slayer Helljack W.I.P.

Did some more painting and took some more pictures.
Still not happy with the way the camera is functioning, but it's nearly 15 years old and so I'm happy it just works at all...and of course it must be something wonky with the camera because there's no way it's due to "operator error", ha-ha.

The idea for the base seemed to look better in my mind's eye than the end result. May re-do it later when I have time.  The painting is getting close to being done for this model -- it's nearing the point where I won't be able to make it any better at my current skill level, and then it will start looking worse the more I keep trying to improve it.

As I said in the previous post this paint job is being done with Folk Art brand paints from local Wal-Mart...most of them cost less than $1.00 per 2-ounce bottle.  So far I am more than satisfied with the way they are performing.

Ok, enough rambling, here are latest pictures, and then I need to sleep.








I started painting the claw-like things on the hands as though they are bone, like the tusks in his face, but realized they are mechanical.  So now I am debating whether to paint them in a way to make them look machine made, or just leave it as it is.  Also, in the lower torso area, right above where the legs attach, are some pipes and fittings which are all gray right now (can see them pretty easily in the last picture)...but it is very awkward to try to paint them without getting paint on things around them.  This is one of the areas that I wish I had looked at more closely before assembling, because in hind-sight I think it would have been far easier to paint that area before assembling the model.

Next pictures will probably be of the model after the painting is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment